Wednesday, February 2, 2011

Waiting.....Waiting....Waiting

We are having a very snowy winter this year. Last year all of our blogfriends in the Mid-Atlantic states received so much more snow than we did. This year we seem to be sharing very well. We have all been working on our sharing skills. Looking out my kitchen window...I see the grill and dream of chicken grilled out in the afternoon. I can almost smell it.

Inside I smell homemade beef soup.
The wood stove is working at it's best and keeping us warm and cozy...because..... outside it is snowing like crazy
blanketing everything in white
Happy Winter. Just heard from my mom in Florida and it is raining and 65 degrees. Hmm... I still think I like my snow. I may have a different opinion in May, but for now I love it. Stay warm and cozy. All of the goats are happy and de wormed. The sheep are eyeing me and keeping their distance. Spring will come and we will be ready. Just like the crocus we are waiting under a blanket of snow. Waiting....waiting...waiting....
Much Love and Prayers from Mainely Ewes Farm.

9 comments:

~ Janis said...

Glad you are surviving this wonderful bugless weather!!
Think of all the FREE fertilizer in this snow!
Hopefully next year the midwest will continue to get the brunt of the winter.
Come see how we are dealing with this storm in Vermont:
www.tailgait.blogspot.com

doglady said...

At least you can tell that your grill is still out there. Mine is just one of many humps on the deck which is covered railing deep with snow. I guess we're getting the bulk of the snow on the coast this winter.
I spoke with someone from FL this afternoon and I agree with snow vs raw dampness in FL anytime. I too am cozy compliments of wood.

From Beyond My Kitchen Window said...

So much snow here in New England. My husband shoveled out our grill last Saturday and we had the best steaks. We will need to shovel it out again. What a mess. Wonderful photos!!!

luckybunny said...

We are getting a storm right now too, mostly the snow has just been drifting as opposed to really piling up. Stay warm! Our stove is cooking away too. Your soup looks good!

Becky said...

What beautiful snow pictures! It must be nice to have a cozy woodstove! We're having a bit of a warmish spell right now and it makes me want a little snow. Crazy, I know! How can I want spring and snow at the same time? :)

katiegirl said...

The snow makes everything pretty. I'm sorry you guys are getting so much, but inside your house looks so warm and cozy!

NancyDe said...

Soup looks yummy! The snow is beautiful, even if it defies my imagination - we're at about 55 this morning and it is quite beautiful outside.

NancyDe said...

Hi, check out my blog - I tagged you and you have some work to do!

Diane@Peaceful Acres Farm said...

I was glad to send all that snow your way this winter! We've only had 1 big one but there is still enough winter left to dump more. I'm not a lover like you and that's one reason I live a bit further South and wishing I was even further!!! Spring is just around the corner here and I'm just about ready to start my seedlings. The last snow did a bit of damage so there's lots of clean up once it warms. Stay toasty!