Monday, March 25, 2013

A Little This, A Little That

The other morning on my way to work I just had to stop in the middle of the road and take a few pics.  The winter just takes my breath away. I have been here for 5 years and I still love the winters.  Wow, how time flies.  We moved to New England 15 years ago. 
Each limb, branch and twig covered with snow. The trees look like they have icing.
Noah at the window. He doesn't know what spring is but I'm sure he is dreaming of a nice sunny day, playing at the lake.  Maybe chasing chickens and turkeys outside.
Jasmine posing.  This girl is growing so fast.  
Ted's birthday came and we gave him a very special surprise. A silly string attack. Everyone needs a silly string attack on their birthday.
While at work the other day I got a distressing call.  After the last snowstorm a lady skidded off the road and went into our fence.  Thank goodness she and her baby were safe.  The fence, not so much. Nothing can be done until all the snow melts.
The kids learned very quickly about the scoop.  
We switched out the smaller wood stove for the larger one from the basement.  It really puts out some heat and keeps the house toasty.
Emma and Lucy know how to stay warm and spend some of their days.
We have been passing our days quietly.  I sit here and remember just how busy we are in the summer.  A neighbor stopped by, had a cup of coffee and we talked about chickens. Yes, chickens. Life on the farm either creeps by in winter or flies by in summer.  Right now it is just the right speed.  We hope life is at just the right speed for you too. 
Much Love and Prayers from Mainely Ewes Farm

4 comments:

Susan said...

What great pictures! I love it when the snow sticks on the branches - and silly string! I had forgotten all about silly string. That's a perfect way to celebrate a birthday! Hope your winter continues quietly. Spring is right around the corner.

Hidden Haven Homestead said...

What a peaceful, wonderful life you have. Enjoy yourself as spring and summer are knocking on your door. Think that is why winter is my favorite season. I have time to relax and think. Love your snow photos and what beautiful children!!

Rain said...

Great pics of the farm and grands Kelly!! Enjoy the quiet moments because things will really be hopping soon!!
Take care!
Blessings from down the road apiece- Orrington!!
Rain :)

Eggs In My Pocket said...

Beautiful cold photos! So glad that the accident was no worse.......fence mending soon! My children loved silly string when they were small! Your Jasmine is growing to be a lovely young lady! I love the stove. Hope warm days come to you soon!