Thursday, May 13, 2010

Goat Milk Fudge

Okay, we have goat milk. Goat milk frozen for soap, goat milk for drinking, goat milk for neighbors. You name it. We use it in cooking. It makes a wonderful mac and cheese. We needed something sweet. I know that has to be a need. I went online and to one of my favorite sites, Fias Co Farm. That site it a wealth of information on goats. This is the best fudge recipe that I could find. I made one change. I love pecans. I am from the south and that is our tree nut of choice.

003

4 cups of sugar and 9 Tbs of cocoa

004

2 Tbs of corn syrup

005

1 1/2 cups goat milk (fresh from this mornings milking)

006

stirring gently

007

heating over medium heat while stirring gently

008

Continue cooking and stirring occasionally over medium low heat until it reaches 234 degrees

010

Remove from heat and add 1 stick butter. Not margarine! Butter! (Ode to Paula Deen here) Do not stir. Remove from heat and let cool to 150 degrees without stirring. Do you know how hard it is to let this just sit and not stir? Oh, the urge to stir is so great.

011 

Okay, add 2 tsp vanilla and 1/4 tsp salt and stir until the butter incorporates into the mixture. The smell at this point is so yummy. It brings in Ted from the other room.

 013

Stir vigorously until the fudge thickens and looses it’s gloss. Butter an 8x8 pan.

009

Pour the fudge into the pan and let cool.

014

The finished product is so rich and creamy.

019

I had to fight Alex over this spatula. She fought a hard battle. She should be awarded something for her loss….

017

Okay, she gets to clean the pot. 

018

It turned out so nice that I made an additional batch to take to work tonight for some lucky nurses in the ICU.  We need to develop some kind of scratch-n-sniff application on the computer.

Happy Fudgeing! Much Love and Prayers from Mainely Ewes Farm.  Kelly

7 comments:

LindaSue said...

as some man once said "chocolate is like love - there is good and better but ain't no bad" - your fudge looks like the stuff of which dreams are made.

Joanna@BooneDocksWilcox said...

goats-milk fudge, oh my, it just sounds wonderful!

Peggy said...

I have the most awesome goatmilk fudge recipe. I think its still on the blog if you do a search the blog for it. I have never ever tasted such yummy fudge and its very very easy. Like you I add the nuts but my favorite is black walnut.

Lili said...

Wow, now that was a great tutorial, I definitely could almost taste it. Yum. ~Lili

Phelan said...

Looks yummy!

By the way, did you ever get the book you won last year "A Little Twist of Texas"? The author emailed me, and doesn't remember shipping it.

Lisa said...

Oh lord it almost hurts to look at that. And I can smell it. I really can. I miss my goat milk.

Jeesh, I need chocolate. Thanks a lot.

Smiles,
Lisa

katiegirl said...

That looks delicious!