Saturday, September 17, 2011

What Happens When Your New Refrigerator Dies

Can this be my rant for the week?  Let me at em! Long story short, July 20-fridge less than 1 year old, fan making noise, repairman came out, our fault, fridge set too cold, readjusted.  August28-fridge and freezer warm. Repairman came out, circuit boards ordered, four days later circuit boards installed, repairman left before checking if fridge was actually cold. Never cooled. Repairman out 3 days later, compressor dead. It will take 4 weeks to arrive because it is DC rather than AC. Whatever that means. Rental fridge obtained because it will take 4 weeks for compressor to arrive per technician.  Compressor arrived next morning. Old/new fridge repaired and now working.  I have a feeling deep in my gut that this is going to be a big fight with Sears because I had to pay a full month for rental fridge and they aren't going to want to pay for the whole thing.
Anything good out of this situation?
Yep, Chickens are happy. All the chicken edible food was placed into a bucket and taken outside.

Happy Hens

Happy Turkeys


Some ladies don't share very well. They like to use the grab and run technique.

Never a dull moment. At least we can find a bright spot to this story.  Chicken treats!
Now, I have to reorder my vaccinations for sheep, goats and cats. I think I had more animal medicine in the butter compartment than butter.  Come to think of it, we have never had butter in there. Only animal meds.
Much Love and Prayers from Mainely Ewes Farm.

10 comments:

Mike said...

Sounds like the repairman needs some training. He was playing remove and replace instead of actually troubleshooting for the problem.
Glad everybody's happy again.

NancyDe said...

Oh, shucks. What a pain for you - happy hens or not!

LindaSue said...

few things quite as frustrating as losing fridge capability - especially a new one! We've been happy so far with one we got at Lowe's several years ago - no appliances seem to last well "nowadays" like you - always good to find a bright spot about it - chickens and turkeys enjoyed the variety in diet

Marigold said...

OMG! Save the Peanuts! Oh, wait. Peanuts don't have to be refrigerated. Whew! Had me goin' there for a minute.

Hidden Haven Homestead said...

Thought I was the only one that kept animal meds in the butter compartment. LOL Hope the repairman gets karma back 10 fold! Good luck with Sears. Sometimes they surprise you and do things for you they don't have to.

Lee Weber said...

We always had meds in the butter section too! My hens love watermelon too- and tomatoes even better. I had to build Fort Chicken around my plants... I can hear them outside right now, making happy clucking noises.

goatgirl said...

That's where I keep all my animal medicine.

basicliving@backtobasicliving.com said...

Argh. What an UN-fun event. But I must say the chickens and turkeys look pretty darn pleased :) Here's hoping the excitement is over and your animal meds are safely tucked inside a butter shelf of a perfectly working refrigerator!

Eggs In My Pocket said...

Bless your heart. Good thing you have hungry critters. blessings,Kathleen

Lili said...

I love a good ending (at least for the chickens, that is)! Hope Sear's does the right thing. ~Lili