Wednesday, June 1, 2011

A Goat Kind of Wednesday

I realize how fortunate I am. I work a schedule that allows me to spend the majority of my time with our animals. I head back to work tomorrow for 3-12 hour shifts. I have had 8 days off and have enjoyed every minute. We have gotten so much accomplished. I still have so many pictures to post and updates to give. It was an enjoyable afternoon. I took it kind of easy. I de stress by taking our goats out of the pasture and into the ungrazed area, bringing a bucket to sit on and my Kindle to read. Today I took my camera and snapped a few pictures of the ladies and kids. Come along with me for a few smiles. Honestly, it will de stress you too. I dare you to look and not smile. I love those little horns. Elissa is growing every day.


Isabella still loves the apple tree leaves best.


Sadie is a bit bossy and likes to get the best grass for herself.





What's a little head butt between friends?












A surprise visitor startled the goats on their graze. The guineas were working the same field.

I never go for a walk without a cat or two. Beau loves to cuddle in the grass while I read and watch the goats graze.

Happy June 1st. We are expecting a few showers tonight. I can already hear the thunder. It only makes the hay grow higher. I hope you got time to relax a bit and enjoy your critters.

Much Love and Prayers from Mainely Ewes Farm.

5 comments:

Michaele said...

I love the assortment of breeds you have. The all good so healthy and happy.

NancyDe said...

We had some thunder and rain showers this morning down in Hilo (might have reached up my way by this afternoon) which added drama to our school day. I would love to have goats, but my husband is less than fond of them.

Rain said...

Looked like a perfect afternoon!! What more could a person want/need!! And it's so nice to get all those things accomplished! One of these days I'm going back to work and maybe run into you at shift change!! Loved the pics of you animals-such fun!~~Rain

katiegirl said...

The goats are looking great! They definitely seem to enjoy their time out!

Marigold said...

Goats! What's not to love?