Monday, June 6, 2011

Parker Produce- 1st Delivery

We got our first delivery from Parker Produce in Winterport, Maine. We have had cool and wet spring this year. Come to think of it we have a cool, wet spring every year. Oh, back to my point. I am amazed that we were able to have fresh veggies this early. After work Friday evening I went by the pick-up site in Bangor and look what I got. A bag full of spinach, another of salad greens, fresh radishes, a bunch of chives and scallions. We have already eaten the salad greens. I have plans for the spinach tonight. I'm thinking about eggs with chopped chives for breakfast. Yep, our fresh eggs with chives. Yum. I gotta go. Breakfast!
Much Love and Prayers from Mainely Ewes Farm

7 comments:

Marigold said...

What!!?? No, Peanuts????? Teeeed .....

doglady said...

Last year was a lovely spring with snow gone early and planting in April. I think we got spoiled in one season but as long as we don't repeat 2009, life will be good.

Lili said...

I just barely got my lettuce and radishes planted! Oh those look so good. Chives with eggs sounds wonderful for breakfast!! ~Lili

Thistle Cove Farm said...

Those greens look wonderful!

Anonymous said...

Hi - I am definitely happy to find this. cool job!

Callie Brady said...

mmm... lovely produce! Chives and eggs sound a treat!

The Country Cook said...

There is nothing better than fresh vegetables to cook with! It is so rewarding to have your own garden!