Thursday, January 21, 2010

Inside and Outside

Finally, we have snow. After all, it's Maine. I know the snowmobilers (is that a word) are happy. The trails are smooth and in use. We have trails on our farm. Animal trails. Outside the sheep and Fuzzy the llama are completely content to remain outside in falling snow.
Our hens prefer to remain inside. "Nope Stella, I'm not going out till spring".
Inside the guineas are everywhere. On their roost....

singing in the doorway.....

Contemplation? What is on this girls mind? Anything? Sometimes I wonder if they think.

Our remaining rooster keeps close to his girls. Samson died this past fall leaving all his hens to this unnamed roo.

Some hens will even pose for a closeup.

They enjoy snacks in the afternoon. Peeled over ripe bananas, tops from strawberries and stems from last night's asparagus.

Oh, I've been spotted by the sheep. Here they come being led out by Truffles.

Looking for treats. We've moved the hay feeder back temporarily into the shed through the snow storm.

Our new sheep have settled into farm life. Cierra has such beautiful eyes.
Emily is right at home.

They fit in nicely with the flock.

Oh, Echo has been under the hay evidently. Doesn't he know that hay isn't good for his fleece?

What a bunch of moochers? Nope, just attention seekers. We love them and they love us. Especially when we come with a new bale of hay. We know our place here on the farm.

No one in out on the playground today.

Here come the goats. Shirley and Curly first. They remind me so much of the sheep. They don't mind the snow at all. The other goats?

Here they come.

Snow goats. They love me.

So much for that adoration I felt. Isabella says, "no treats? We're out of here."

Back inside, warm and toasty.

Are you sure there are no treats?

Even the pups like to be outside in the snow.

Emma has a difficult time focusing....

too much energy.

Oops...getting something under here, be right back.

I know I left it here before it snowed.
Hmmm....

Just a little animal winter update. Not a whole lot going on. Quiet, we love quiet. Much love and prayers from Mainely Ewes Farm.


Kelly

11 comments:

Callie Brady said...

Great photos! Love those quiet days at home with the animals and family.

Bee Haven Bev said...

Wonderful pictures....thanks for sharing!!! Your critters are adorable.

Becky said...

Beautiful pictures! Your sheep look so toasty with those huge, fluffy fleeces.

Anonymous said...

Boy, that is a snow. But any snow looks big to me! I rarely see any down this way.

I just love the pictures, especially of Truffles and the followers. Beautiful!

Have a good weekend.

Melodie said...

Loved seeing all your critters!

katiegirl said...

I love picture posts! Your guineas are so big now! I love my two and really hope my hen sets a nest this spring!

Your sheep and goats are great! Wonderful pictures. What's the countdown till baby time?

basicliving@backtobasicliving.com said...

Awwwww. Look at all the happy farm critters! The goats and ewes are so pretty! Cierra's eyes are beautiful! I sure do wish I could have gotten a roo or two or three to you. How many hens is your roo caring for now? The pups are SO pretty - and big! I bet you loved watching them play in all that snow.

Terri said...

So glad to see the sheep all settled in at their new home. Thanks for the great photos!

Eggs In My Pocket said...

I so enjoy looking at your farm animals! They are all so precious! Enjoy the snow. blessings,Kathleen

Joanna@BooneDocksWilcox said...

your rooster looks like he has a coat of many colors. Enjoyed all the photo's.

Country Girl said...

Lovely animal pics!